THE KSCV9 Symposium:
The 9th Korean Conference on Several Complex Variables
Monday 16 – Friday 20, July 2012
Hong Rae Cho (Pusan National University) Hyung Woon Koo (Korea Univeristy),
Kang-Tae Kim (POSTECH—Chair) Sung-Yeon Kim (GangWon National U.)
Sunhong Lee (GyeongSang National U.)
ABATE, Marco (Università di Pisa, Pisa, Italia)
BEDFORD, Eric (Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, U. S. A.)
BRACCI, Filippo (Università di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italia)
CHEN, Bo-Yong (Tongji University, Shanghai, China)
CHOE, Boo Rim (Korea University, Seoul, Korea)
DO Duc Thai (Hanoi University of Education, Hanoi, Vietnam)
FORNAESS, John Erik (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
GAUSSIER, Hervé (Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France)
HAN, Chong-Kyu (Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea)
HASLINGER, Friedrich (University of Vienna, Wien, Austria)
HWANG, Jun-Muk (Korea Institute for Advanced Study, Seoul, Korea)
ISHI, Hideyuki (Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan)
JOO, Jae-Cheon (Pusan National University, Busan, Korea)
KAI, Chifune (Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan)
KIM, Dano (Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea)
LE Hai Khoi (Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore)
LEE, Kang-Hyurk (GyeongSang National University, Jinju, Korea)
OHSAWA, Takeo (Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan)
POLETSKY, Evegeny (Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, U. S. A.)
SCHMALZ, Gerd (University of New England, Armidale, Australia)
SHCHERBINA, Nikolay (University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal, Germany)
WULCAN, Elizabeth (Chalmers Institute of Technology, G teborg, Sweden)
ZAITSEV, Dmitri (Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland)
ZHANG, Liyou (Capital Normal University, Beijing, China)
ZHOU, Xiang-Yu (Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China)
ZHU, Kehe (State University of New York, Albany, New York, U. S. A.)
Staff : Jihye JUNG (email@example.com)
(The Kolon Hotel http://www.kolonhotel.co.kr)
The Center for Geometry and its Applications (The SRC-GaiA)
The timetable of the lectures
(This table is subject to changes by the organization; last updated on on 26 June 2012)
(There is a banquet, where all the participants are invited: 18:30—20:30 Wednesday, 18 July 2012)
Registration: If you are an organizer or an invited speaker, there is no need to register, as you are already registered. If not please send an e-mail to:
Subject: The KSCV9 registration
Contents must include:
1. Your name (and sex, this is necessary for the room arrangements)
2. Affliation (If you are a student of a postdoctoral fellow, please include the name of your current supervisor and/or of your thesis advisor.)
3. Arrival and departure dates.
Upon receiving such application, the conference will reply as soon as possible. The deadline for application is June 1, 2012 (6 weeks prior to the conference). At the moment, we expect about 80 participants. Please act early, as approximately 55 slots have already been taken.
Expected arrival: Afternoon of Sunday the 15th of July.
Expected departure: Afternoon of Friday, the 20th of July
Extra stay: Possible at a discounted rate---please ask the organization.
Dinner: The organization recommends that the participants gather in groups and explore the local restaurants nearby (as there are many, within the enjoyable walking distance). Find some Korean students and young researchers in the conference. The conference arranges the banquet on Wednesday—all participants are invited.
Kolon Bus: TBA
From Seoul-Incheon Airport: There are basically 4 methods:
(1) By Express bus (big seats, just one ride to GyeongJu) + taxicab (to the Kolon Hotel): At ICN, ask at the information kiosk in the termianl hall (after passport control and customs); they will tell you when the next buses are coming and where to buy the ticket (41,000 KRW=approx. 41 US dollars). The bus is not so frequent! (something like one in every two hours plus.) Off the bus, take a taxi to the Kolon Hotel. (20,000 KRW or so.) Bus takes 4 hrs 30 min approx. Taxi will take 30-40 minutes.
(2) By A*rex train (ICN-Seoul Station) + KTX bullet train (Seoul Station - ShinGyeongJu Station) + Taxicab (to the Kolon Hotel): At ICN, follow the signs to the train station. There you can buy the train tickets and follow the instruction. It takes 50 minutes (less than 7 thousand KRW) + 2 hrs and 20 minutes (approx 50,000 KRW) + 40-50 minutes(taxi, 25,000 KRW approx). The advantage is that the train is practically every hour except the time gap during the lunch and dinner hours. And, everything is on time and fast.
(3) A connection flight from Gimpo Airport to Pohang (100,000 KRW) and take taxi from there (100,000 KRW): At ICN, take a shuttle bus to Gimpo Airport. Bus comes every 10 minutes and the fare is less than 8,000 KRW. It takes approximately 40 minutes.
(4) A connection flight from Gimpo Airport to Ulsan and take a taxicab. (30,000 KRW): Similar.
But I do not recommend the last two options so much, although it is not bad.
From Busan-Gimhae Airport:
At Busan-Gimhae airport, there is a bus line to Gyeong-Ju. Ask the information booth in the terminal. The bus might stop at the Kolon Hotel along the way; please ask the driver. Perhaps you can ask that at the information center as well. The Bus fare is approximately 10,000 KRW and takes approximately 1 hour and few minutes. If it arrives to the Bus terminal in GyeongJu, then take a taxicab.
Preparation of lectures: The beam projector is the standard method. So preparing a PDF file is recommended. On the other hand, the conference will prepare two whiteboards which one can write with markers.
Night session: For the Koreans, there is the KSCV Gwa-Oe session in Korean language, in the evening of Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. These are completely informal and not-at-all mandatory
Hot News >