- Title : The Squeezing Function of hyperbolic convex domains.
- Speaker : Kang-Tae Kim (Postech & The GAIA)
- Date & Time : Thursday, 29 November 2012 (8 p.m. - 10 p.m.)
- Place : The GAIA (Math Science building room 106)
: A complex manifold is called uniformly-squeezing, if its squeezing function is bounded from below by a positive constant. An open problem has been posed, whether all bounded convex domains are uniformly squeezing. I will present the solution, that indeed they are. Moreover, if the domain is bounded strictly convex, I shall present the new result that the squeezing function has an interesting boundary asymptotic behavior. This talk is based upon the new paper by the speaker and Professor Liyou Zhang of Capital Normal University, Beijing, China.
- Contact: Jihye Jung (GAIA; 279-8020)