- Title: Automorphism groups of certain unbounded domains
- Speaker: Dr. Yoshikazu Nagata(GAIA)
- Abstract: I will explain first the Calabi-Markus phenomenon, that is, for certain pseudo-Riemannian symmetric spaces, any discrete group which acts properly discontinuously is finite. Second, for some unbounded homogeneous domains in the complex euclidean spaces, I will show that there are no co-compact discrete subgroups in the holomorphic automorphism groups. This result is related to the Calabi-Markus phenomenon.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m on Monday, 7 March 2016
Poster <---- click