- Title: On a problem of J. E. Fornaess
- Speaker: Seungro Joo (POSTECH Graduate student)
- Abstract:The squeezing function, which has various applications, is one of invariants under biholomorphic coordinate changes. For this function, Professor J. E. Fornaess proposes the following question.
Q. Let $Omega$ be a bounded pseudoconvex domain with a smooth boundary. If the squeezing function S(z) -> 1 as z -> p for some boundary point p of $Omega$, then is p a strongly pseudoconvex point?
In this talk, we answer the question, using a scaling method, for bounded pseudoconvex domains in C^2 with a smooth finite type boundary.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 5 - 6 p.m. on Thursday, 20 October, 2016
Poster <---- click