posted Apr 8, 2016, 1:00 AM by Hyemin Shin
- Title: On the convergence of two scalings
- Speaker: Seungro Joo (POSTECH, Graduate student)
- Abstract: A scaling method was introduced by Pinchuk and Frankel independently in 1980's as a technique to study bounded domains in C^n with noncompact automorphism groups. In this talk, we give a new proof of the convergence of Pinchuk and Frankel's scalings in the class of domains with finite type boundaries. We deduce that the scalings are equivalent up to affine automorphisms.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m on Monday, 11 April 2016