- Title: Introduction to Andersen-Lempert theory
- Speaker: Prof. Rafael Andrist (Bergische Universität Wuppertal)
- Abstract: Andersen-Lempert theory deals with Runge-type approximation of holomorphic automorphisms of complex-euclidean space, and can be generalized to other Stein manifolds with a large automorphism group. It allows for a rather precise description of the group of holomorphic automorphisms of such manifolds and enables to carry out a lot of geometric constructions. We will develop the basics of Andersen-Lempert theory and consider some applications and geometric implications.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: Lecture 1 : 8 - 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept 6, 2016
Lecture 2 : 4 - 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept 9, 2016
Poster <---- click