- Title: On smoothing of bounded plurisubharmonic functions
- Speaker: Dr. Tobias Harz (GAIA)
- Abstract: I will talk about work in progress concerning the smoothing of bounded (from above) plurisubharmonic functions on unbounded domains in Cn, n ≥ 2. In particular, I will prove the following result.
Theorem. There exist a pseudoconvex domain Ω ⊂ C2 and a nonempty open set U ⊂ Ω such that the following assertions hold true:
(1) There exists a function ϕ ∈ PSH(Ω) ∩ C0(Ω) such that ϕ < 0 on Ω and ϕ is strictly plurisubharmonic on U .
(2) Every function ϕ ∈ PSH(Ω) ∩ C1(Ω) such that ϕ < 0 on Ω is constant on U .
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m on Thursday, 14 March 2016
Poster <---- click