- Title: Discreteness of subgroups of complex hyperbolic isometries
- Speaker: Dr. Lijie Sun (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Abstract: In this talk, we will firstly investigate the discreteness of two-generator subgroups by characterizing Dirichlet domains and Ford domains of regular elliptic, or loxodromic, generator cyclic groups. After that, we will concentrate on the discreteness of complex hyperbolic triangle groups of type, which will be parametrized by angular invariant . We will give three explicit non-discrete conditions in the form of and could get more explicit conclusions about thetriangle groups of type . At last, Poincaré's polyhedron theorem as vital important tool to verify the discreteness of a subgroup will be considered. We will see a particular form originally proposed by Mostow and apply it to investigation of the discrete and faithful representations of complex hyperbolic triangle groups.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 4 p.m. - 5 p.m , 29 June(Wed) 2016
Poster <---- click