- Title: On two theorems due to Poincare and Cartan in several complex variables
- Speaker: Dr. Atsushi Yamamori (GAIA)
- Abstract: In this talk, I will talk about two theorems due to Poincare and Cartan. In the first part of the talk, another proof of Poincare's theorem about the inequivalence of the unit ball and the polydisk will be given. In the second part of the talk, a reformulation of Cartan's linearity theorem for finite-volume Reinhardt domains will be given. Both theorems are proved by using the theory of the Bergman kernel.
- Place: GAIA Seminar Room (#106, Math Science bldg.)
- Date: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m on Monday, 21 September 2015