- Title: Divergent formal CR-mappings between infinite type hypersurfaces
- Speaker: Professor Ilya Kossvskiy(Wien Universitaet)
: As it was shown in the celebrated paper of Chern and Moser, a formal CR-mapping between Levi nondegenerate hypersurfaces is always convergent. In a large number of further works this result was generalized for hypersurfaces of finite type and CR manifolds of high codimension, satisfying various nondegeneracy conditions. However, in the infinite type case this phenomenon was not known. Using analytic theory of differential equations, we provide elegant counterexamples to the convergence phenomenon in the infinite type settings.
- Date : 16:00-17:50, Monday, 19 August, 2013
- Place : The GAIA (Math Science building room 106)
- Contact: Jihye Jung (POSTECH, Tel. 279-8020)